Tuesday, May 20, 2008

 

Muggy today

Today is very muggy indeed. The S.O. called last night, knowing he'd worried me, but there was nothing he could do about it. One of his relatives, a fairly young one is gravely ill. He had to go see that person, and also there was something of a family conference about the whole sad mess.

We had a nice lunch together, I got some incredible strawberries just on the corner, one of them was as big as a tomato, and some cherries, and I made a couple of small fish and some hash-browns for lunch, we each had a glass of Sarajevsko, he is allowed small amounts of beer now, but not wine or rakija. He told me I totally have to try the Sarajevsko Crno Pivo. I can't wait, I have been hearing about it awhile. Just not available in this immediate area. It probably means a trip down to Interex.
Since I probably next need to try a different newspaper for ads, I am going to be in the area soon anyway. So I'll see about getting some. Then I will let you know how it was.

Aside from the crazy people who have responded to my ads, I am well.

The latest crazy one was funny, he asked if I was interested in a less than serious student. I did not reply. I kind of mentally gave him kudos for being honest, but I didn't reply. He then called, and I didn't answer as there was no phone number and I don't trust people who have no phone number, the last one was an obscene phone call! So he called with the number visible, again I did not answer, and then he sent a message, apologizing for bothering me!

Seriously, does 'English classes' or 'instruction in the English language' mean something else here? Something I ought to know about? No seriously? Does it?

Anyway, I told the S.O. about these difficulties and said 'If it doesn't sort out soon, I may have no choice but to go back, and I don't want to, I like it here!'

He told me to hang in there, and gave some suggestions, some of which aren't practical, but some are and I'll try the ones which are practical.

I am roasting again today, it is cloudy, sometimes rainy and sometimes sunny.

I read something that really upset me, in Visoko, famous because of the Pyramid stuff, they are planning an asphalt road near the grave, a marked grave btw of one of the Kotramanic dynasty! That is wrong, because 1. The Kotramanic kings were among the best rulers the region ever saw, 2. Did someone say, possible valuable tourist site? 3. The disrespect! Won't someone think of the children!? Seriously! Such sites should be preserved out of respect and because people who are visiting the country would like to see such places.

The story was in today's Oslobodenje.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter