Monday, May 19, 2008

 

Hot again to day.

So the S.O. was supposed to call and come over today, there was no definite time set, and I do have my mobile phone, so I got sick of sitting home waiting for him to call and went out to the internet cafe, besides, I need more drain opener, the effect last night was not wonderful, only a half victory so to speak. I don't feel as tired, but it is very hot, and I had to turn a mess of dials to try to get the heat down without losing hot water, that was amusing and not a lot of fun becuse there is no manual I could use, I had to try things, wait to broil some more, or not, and so on. Very annoying but I think I got that under control. I might have stayed in but there was nothing interesting to watch.

I have a hard time with dubbed documentaries, they have all the disadvantages of the subtitled kind, plus annoying sound quality.

That was all that was available really besides stuff I already have seen.

On the way down, I saw the biggest jackdaw I ever have seen! He or she, can't tell with those birds, at least I can't, was HUGE, I have paid good money to eat smaller chickens! Seriously! It was raiding the garbage containers. Birds do that here when all else fails, especially birds like jackdaws and crows do, and the magpies. Here even pigeons do that. Anyway I tried to get closer to it, just to see how afraid of humans they are, not any other reason. It grumpily flapped off, then went right back where it was when I left. Must have been some good pickings where he was at.
At least here they do pick up the trash, if this were Naples, I would have fled a long time ago! Film of that unlovely situation was on Euronews this morning. It is why Berlusconi won! I knew it was something like that! Desperation.

In local news, Ceric says he is going to retire at the end of his mandate as Reis, everyone thought he'd be on that job forever. He wants time with his grandkids!

I can relate, at least all his people are in the same place! I can't say that for myself! Everyone I know and care about are scattered to the four directions.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter