Sunday, May 18, 2008

 

Clouds and maybe some rain today...

I am indescribably exhausted today. I waited to meet with one potential student, who fell into the category of Someone Who Should Have Been Reading the Personals Ads not the Services Ads. Devil fire him!

Anyway a series of S.M.S. messages revealed his less than alrightness so I canceled the meeting and left the cafe. I went to see my friends in Bascarsija who gave me a gift from Turkey, a pair of rather cute red house slippers. They are red velvet with glued on glitter glitz, very cute, I can hardly walk in them, but they are extremely cute. They are house slippers.

I will have to take a picture of them.

Of course I said thank you, and then after a decent interval headed home. The Gastro-Eko Fest is still going on, but I am too tired to go into town for more of it. Anyway the real fun with it is at night and I don't go out nights, I like my ankles too much!

So I am just in the neighborhood at Club BIT and then I will go get trash bags, I am all out, and go rest. I started some chicken stock from a roast chicken purchased on the corner. It looks like it will be the best chicken stock I ever made.

They were working on gas lines all over downtown Sarajevo it seemed yesterday, getting home on the bus took longer than it usually does, and it was miserably hot on the bus. I try to always pick a seat near a window. Here I don't mind sitting in the back so much, because I am going from one end of a line to the other, and the larger busses have 2 not just 1 back door. I almost was eaten by a bus day before yesterday, the driver shut the door a little too soon. I escaped without injury, but said 'Hello samo da izaci!'

Usually the drivers are not in such a hurry.

Shows on T.V.

Pecat is better all the time. Ranko is turning into a very interesting character, he is running some sort of game on everyone. Poor Azra lost her baby, not the first one either, and her husband won't reveal his grief to her, but he is grieved too. It is causing tensions in their marriage. As well her husband told her to even be covered in the house because he doesn't trust Ranko, aka Jusef. I wouldn't trust Jusef EITHER! Then the policewoman who has some mysterious past dealings with Ranko goes to visit a grave.

A show I am really going to like started last night, an American series, Eureka. I loved the little Black math whiz! and Henry, probably two of the most sympathetic Black characters ever shown on American television. I also loved the pyramid shaped bubbles some girl was blowing on the street and the dog Lowjack, who steals sandwiches! He is a super smart dog! :).

I love 'Sleeper Cell' but it is simply on too late for me. I gave it a miss two weeks in a row. Simply too tired. I think I have Spring Fever. I shall go home and eat nettle soup, it's supposed to help that. As well I should try the masne korijen on my ankle.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter