Wednesday, May 21, 2008

 

Be One With the Cheese!

Actually I have to give some serious credit to Serbia, the stage was brilliant! I loved it! As well the announcers, especially Ms. Janković.
I wanted to vote for BiH, I did not understand the rules, as I had forgotten to be honest, so I ended up once this was explained, voting numerous times for Israel, Booz is HOT, a great singer and a neat song, for Montenegro, because their singer was unendurably cute! Then for Greece because again unendurably cute and a good singer. I did vote for Ireland, out of friendship but frankly their act put on display a lot of what I think is wrong now in Ireland. O.K. the costumes were crazy, that is GOOD in Eurovision! But the voices were grating, and the music sucked. It also was sort of a sarcastic piece at points. Sorry, I did not like it!
The Polish singer was gorgeous, a little too Celine Dion for me, but she was easy on the eyes, wonderful blue gown. I voted for Armenia because the song was excellent, and I think a lot of Bosnians also voted for her. I voted numerous times for Slovenija, because their singer reminded me (watch out, big mud boots reaching for Majkl over at the nearly dead 'Glory of Carniola, to step on his delicate toes!) of Natalija Verboten.
My straw poll is that Israel was very much a hit here, followed by Armenia, and possibly Crna Gora (Montenegro for those of you in Rio Del)
I loved the intro the Serbs put on, with the Gypsy Brass band, and the gorgeous dancers, and again wonderful lighting. The pre programming warmed things up with wonderful views of Belgrade, and I think if I had the chance, I would certainly visit Serbia, it looks like a very beautiful country and svaka čast Belgrade!
I found Estonia strange, Finland's heavy metal group did make the cut, but I personally found them abrasive, not a heavy metal fan really. I thought Belgium had a cute entry, and of course I was delighted that Bosnia-Hercegovina made i to number 3 in the First Semifinals. The Second Semi-Finals include Serbia, the U.K. their entries both look good.
Moldova's entry simply baffled me. The singer had a marvelous voice, I will give her that, but she was quite fat, what was up with the teddy bear? Romania, I voted for once because the singers were cute, I sort of understood them, what with speaking Spanish and all, Romanian is just messed up Spanish! Anyway a very pleasant evening, I do have to re-fill my mobile credit, but it was good, clean, trivial minded fun!
I noted that MANY Bosnian audience members who had Bosnian flags had the OLD FLAG, the beautiful old flag with the six lilies! I thought that was cool too!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter