Thursday, April 24, 2008

 

Well, I should have gone into town ANYWAY on Tuesday!

Because one of my friends brought me some žara, aka kopriva, aka Stinging Nettles. These are a bit dry, but will still make soup. I took magazines I already have read, and I am going to go find the office of Oslobođeje. I was not feeling particularly wild about stairs today so instead of my usual place, I came to Click, which is well lighted, and the only stairs are to the bathroom. Since I skipped breakfast, I don't think I will need that service. This place is well lit, and not as hot as the other place. That is a plus, if I get too hot, it is not a good thing.

So no reaction to the ad at the Studenski Dom. That is not pleasing, but maybe it wasn't noticed yet. So we shall see. I am thinking Oslobođenje may work out better. Everyone tells me the REALLY best place to put an ad is Dnevni Avaz, well that I might do if I already plan to go out to Ilidža. Otherwise it is too far away for me to be enchanted with the idea of getting lost. I would take a taxi. I don't know my way around Stup. Basically, maps are only a mild suggestion here. Streets have reconstruction, the signs are not always visible, etc. itd 7rl. So today I have two reasons to regret having left my camera at home. 1. Out in front of the Katedrale, is a HUGE very realistic looking giant papier mache strawberry. It really is kind of cool, in a creepy 'imagine yourself as an ant at a picnic' sort of way, then there is the amazing condition of the building I will shortly be going. I feel I owe it to my readers to somehow convey this. Well, if I place a second ad, I will bring a camera and take a picture.

I do hope I can get some results one way or another. It would be nice if it were sooner rather than later.

Yesterday there was hail, and a lot of rain, but it was later in the day after I got back in. Today, I am carrying my refurbished umbrella, as I probably will need it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter