Friday, April 18, 2008

 

So we sit and talk about just stuff...

Well, I have had five people contact me to be in my class, of whom I think four will be serious students. A couple of them wanted individual lessons, unfortunately they were male, and I don't want to be alone with any men thank you! The S.O. would not care for that. As part of a group, that would be o.k., just not alone.

I will be doing individual instruction with one teenage girl, she takes classes already, it is more like tutoring in her case.

The S.O. is improving, not as fast as he would like, but steadily. He is still pretty tired, and sort of surprised by how much effort it takes to do the simplest things. I can sympathize. I have had illnesses that wiped me out like that! I told him 'You will be better bit by bit. Don't worry too much.'

I hope to see him Monday.
My landlady came to town unexpectedly. She came to the shop and was surprised to see me there. It is the people at the shop that turned me on to her brother, so that the flat was rented. I don't think she realized I speak enough Bosnian to talk pretty easily with them! We mostly speak in English. She wants to come to my first class and I told her, to go right ahead!
While I was out, another potential student SMSed me in pretty fair English. I SMSed back bi-lingually. I think this student is female. My goal is to get things so I have at least two or three class days, and the students can float between at their convenience.

I am still working on the other novel a bit, here and there. It is in some ways going more easily. Less that actually needs research.

Well I hope everyone has a nice weekend. I probably won't be on the net over the weekend.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter