Monday, April 21, 2008

 

Hot weather in Sarajevo.

It isn't just warm here todazy, it is downright HOT! I did not feel up for a bunch of stairs, so I came to Club Click, since the only stairs are to the bathrooms.

I was waiting for th e bus, and a lady who looked vaguely familiar was also waiting. I could not place her face, anyway both of us sat on the bench and she very nicely dusted off a piece of cardboard, and put it where I could sit. Another woman came, we discussed t hat t he bus was a little late, and I said there had been one that I wasn't fast enough to catch. I must have made some particularly juicy gramatical error. They asked where I was from, and I told them. Then each said where she was from. The woman who looked vaguely familiar is from Srebenica. She probably has been on the news and that is how her face looked familiar.

Anyway I have to go pay the power bill. That is the smallest this time. I got to meet the landlady's very sweet mother. She is almost blind and nearly deaf, but it is possible to see that she was once a very beautiful woman. She has very great dignity. The landlady was doing more gardening work.

I have had a few ideas about what to do about the class. At any rate, it is nice out today, I may as well enjoy it as I go take care of business.

The S.O. has to go and have a follow up exam, but I do think he is going to be o.k. He did like the Irish Nettle Soup.
I t hink he liked the salmon but just wasn't hungry enough to eat more of it. He only had a couple bites of a very small piece, just to try it. Anyway I do hope I can get some decent students, because that would make all t he difference.

Last night I watched. 'Teško je Biti Fin' Very good film, do see it if you get the chance!
The main male character, the cabbie, looks a little bit like my favorite cabbie here. The acting is great, there is a lot of humor, and another plus is you can see a lot of every day Sarajevo.

Comments:
'Teško je Biti Fin' - what would the title be in English?
 
'it's hard to be nice' would be the most likely translation you will see.
That is a really funny film.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter