Saturday, March 29, 2008

 

Sunny Saturday in Sarajevo.

I haven't heard any news from or about the S.O. He should get out of the hospital, today or perhaps tomorrow. I did S.M.S. one of his relatives yesterday but never did hear back. I am fairly sure he received the message, but he may have been busy at the time it was sent and then just forgotten to reply. He has a fairly responsible and busy sort of job.
The Lost Things Fairy left my letters on the phone table for me. I am glad I did not for example lose them on the bus!
I have been losing weight pretty steadily and without feeling awful. Most previous attempts to lose weight on my part have failed due to my very healthy appetite. I love food, and it is hard to resist nice things to eat if you also feel hungry in the first place and if eating less than you are used to could set off a migraine. Ever since I added suho meso to my diet, I have felt better, less tendency to eat stuff that is not healthy, and I don't get the stupid migraines as often. I can eat a few slices, fat and all and I am not hungry again for hours. My meat intake has actually gone down and since I am eating less junk food, I am probably taking in less hidden fat and sugar.
Losing that weight however means I needed to get a corset. I asked one of my friends which was the best place to find one, that turned out to be Lisica. They have lots, but i like them to open in front. I found one that opens and closes in back but also laces in front.
The trick is that you wear a corset 2 days on, one day off and you have some help not loosing the water front property. This one is light weight, but holds things in place well. It will be comfortable even in Summer.
This morning since the regular demonstration in front of the Katedrale is taking place, I did not want to go into town. I mailed my letter to my friend who is in Basic Training and I sent in small 10 word ads for my English classes.
10 words isn't a lot, I asked potential students to S.M.S. me, and what I hope to do is get a few students in my living room, and over coffee and cookies help them with their English, whether it is homework, accent correction or whatever.
I hope that will help some. You can see why I was annoyed with the Lost Things Fairy though, I wanted that in the paper before! Well I am not even sure how long those little ads run for, so I may need to do it again. I also will get the word out here at BIT.
Yesterday while I was out, I also got another small piece of suho meso, and I found a place that had some second hand vests a little smaller than the first one. I needed them for the pockets. Once spring comes I won,t be wearing a huge overcoat that has big pockets obviously, so I was delighted to find one that has a total of four, it's some dark denim like cloth but not denim. If I don't alter it in any way it looks business like enough to wear to an interview should any such thing happen. I can put my mobile phone, my little coin purse, my pill box, a pen or two and my house-keys in those pockets. It makes a huge difference NOT having to carry a purse. I only ever carry any sort of bag if I am going to shop for anything heavy or if I am carrying my camera. I do not always take my camera with me places.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter