Thursday, March 13, 2008

 

Stuff in general...

Everyone knows that there will be new elections in Serbia, and to think declaring Kosovo independence was delayed some to try not to affect the last elections in Serbia. Not that I think new elections there is going to solve anything.

Geraldine Ferraro really showed why she isn't in the White House or at least didn't make it to the now traditional 'undisclosed secure location'. I admit to not having started off as a big Obama supporter, but what she said was not at all called for, and not at all helpful. She didn't just fire at will at the feet of the Clinton campaign, she dropped a fucking Claymore mine on the campaign! That makes me wonder who'se side some of those people are on anyway.

Clinton cannot afford to lose any Black votes. Obama is justifiably pissed off, and he is beautiful when he is angry, no really, brings out something really sexy in the guy. He handled it with a lot of class too. That is a point hugely in the guy's favor.

He probably will make it now thanks to all the stupid mistakes in the Clinton camp. I am starting to wonder if there are secret Republican agents running around or what? They think they can beat Obama, but not Clinton. The way the Stock Market is right now, they couldn't even beat ME, not even if they found me in bed with half the Politburo.

It is on the soggy side here, which beats having all that snow. I decided for my own good I needed to get out.

The S.O. has been run around by the medical system. The ultra-sound machine in his usual clinic broke when it was his turn, so he had to go all the way to Novo Sarajevo in the first of the massive snow, they do have the hottest new American ultra-sound there, it can do color and all sorts of neat tricks, but somehow his didn't come out right. So h e has to do it all over again, then he has to take the pictures to his primary care physician, and then those pictures need to be analyzed. Then he gets told what they think is wrong if they can figure out what is wrong. I am kind of annoyed, I mean dammit, the HOTTEST sexiest American ultra-sound equipment, and they can't track down what is making the man dizzy? First they thought his blood pressure was too low, then they thought it was too high, then they thought he needed to start drinking a cup of coffee a day and on and on. I just wish they would figure it out, and fix it, so the guy can walk without feeling like he might fall over. It has been about a month of this run-around.

I have been remiss in not blogging 'Emir and Frozen Camels' It has to be one of the greatest rock group names ever and they really are good too! The S.O. and I both like them, they do a lot of material in both Bosnian and Spanish. Their videos are full of tropical fun in the sun, and great rhythm and the songs are fun. One of their best though is 'Elena' it has a Spanish Civil War theme going, they use old newsreel film of it, and the song itself is good. The T.V. stations don't just fill intervals between programs with advertising, they also run music videos at such times, that is how I got to see 'Emir and Frozen Camels' the first time. They are really a great band, and more people need to know about them.


Speaking of camels, a minor obsession with me, a long time ago when the Turks ran things, camels regularly were used to transport goods, and military supplies. The Bactrian variety was most used. One of the places that had shops long ago, it is now under repairs used to be like the camel parking lot for Baščaršija! It is kind of interesting to think of camels getting this far north into Europe. Not to mention this far west. I saw this in a documentary program about the mid 18th century here, and it was illustrated with the most marvelous wood-cuts.

I am feeling better as far as the flu thing goes. I am not running a temp anymore. I stayed home yesterday, it was beautiful and sunny out too, not bleak like today, and washed my vilely dirty overcoat. I couldn't stand it anymore. Now it looks nice again.

I've lost some weight, between the suho meso diet, and having had the flu bad enough that I could only eat soup and pudding. yesterday I fired up the stove and made a couple burgers and fried ONE small potato to go with them, and I made a small tomato salad. It was very good.


Comments:
Yeah... Ferraro... how insane was that????
 
Glad you're getting over the flu. This winter's flus seem to have been a powerful lot.

The Clinton campaign seems to be a conspiracy designed to get Obama selected.
 
@ Owen,Wow REALTIME! yeah I am glad to be getting over this flu that feels more like the plague.

yeah! I think there are people out there who find the concept of a female president anathema. Nothing against Obama, I am starting to really like the guy, but here is another thing, if you can't pick a good campaign team, you can't run the country. That is just how people in the States see it.

I do think there is a really above average stupidity rate in the Clinton camp and that Hillary needed to purge some of these folks earlier.
 
@ Owen,Wow REALTIME! yeah I am glad to be getting over this flu that feels more like the plague.

yeah! I think there are people out there who find the concept of a female president anathema. Nothing against Obama, I am starting to really like the guy, but here is another thing, if you can't pick a good campaign team, you can't run the country. That is just how people in the States see it.

I do think there is a really above average stupidity rate in the Clinton camp and that Hillary needed to purge some of these folks earlier.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter