Thursday, March 20, 2008

 

Spring Snow

On the 18th, when I left here it was SNOWING! I hadn't worn boots, I wore my very cute, tiny purple flats. and this meant I needed to take a taxi home, there was no way I was going to get very far in them. Fortunately there is a taxi stand not far from this internet cafe, and I was able to get home quickly and safely. It had been nice when I left, mildly rainy. My ankle didn't hurt so the snow came as a big surprise.
Anyway I am fine, but I stayed home the next day. I promised a picture of the Markale as it appears today. So that will be in. Had to put it on Flikr first.
I am a lot better. My friend that is in Basic is doing VERY well. She is doing better than some men ten years younger. I think that is great!
The way I see it, is the army isn't about who is president now, who will be president tomorrow, or even the war. The army is about all Americans. Anyway I have been writing to her regularly. I also put in another e-mail to Democrats Abroad for BiH. No reply yet. I wish they would reply. I am willing to accomadate meetings in my very nice living room and parking isn't that awful up my way, and I am close to a well serviced taxi stand as well as near the bus stop.
They really don't know what they are missing by not getting in touch!
So it is the first day of spring, they said we could even get a little snow tonight. So unlike last time I actually wore my boots. I also went shopping for a smaller lighter vest with pockets. Soon it won't be cold enough to wear my big over coat, and I will miss the big pockts on it. It will also soon be too warm for the nice fleece sweater my sister gave me, and it also has pockets. I am obsessive about pocets, I have to have a minimum of four decent sized ones in order to maintain my hands-free approach to life. This one is brown, it only has two but they are big and they close and it would look o.k. with anything. It is fake crushed silk. It is the kind of brown you can wear with lots of other colors.
Today I wasn't planning to go to that particular second hand shop, but traffic was atrocious riding the bus down. So bit by bit people got off, as the bus got stuck in a traffic jam composed mostly of BUSES! I am like 'Wait a minute, I haven't been in this type of traffic jam since I left Dublin!'. I was among the last bunch to bail, and where I bailed was conveniently near a spice shop I have not been able to find again, they had fresh ginger and corriander there, so I got a little, and I got the vest at SECOND HAND. I was pleased because also they have dill leaves in the spice shop. So it was not a bad thing, all this was done for under 6KM. Then I walked to Baščaršija. I need to work on my next book. The whole Open Office v.s. Windows thing gave me fits with the last book so unless it's NaNo I am NOT putting myself through that again. I left the manuscript with people who will give it to my landlord's brother, so it is in the pipeline so to speak. We'll see what happens. Wish me luck!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter