Sunday, March 09, 2008

 

So now we get some sunshine...

Today the sun was shining and I decided I needed to get out for reasons of sanity, and to make sure no one back home was too worried about me. My one American friend here, has gone into Basic Training at the age of 35! She sent out a letter that got put onto e-mail by her sister, and I will be sending her a snail-mail. Speaking of snail mail, stuff still isn't coming to MY mailbox, it is ending up downstairs. I wish that could be sorted out. I have had the flu, the S.O. has had the flu, and it has been fairly unpleasant. I have not been able to eat more than soup or puddings, the sun brought out the magpies. I have been trying to get some decent close ups of them, t hey really are pretty. One came and sat on the window ledge spying on me, I felt watched and looked up, and it was a Damn Where's the Camera?! moment. I put out a too tough bit of suho meso on the ledge for him or her, can't tell the boys from the girls with those birds, and the bird came back, snatched up the little bit of meat, and flew gleefully off to the tree by the house with the sun-room accross the road. Then I noticed an ambulance there. I know t hat someone who lives there has been very sick, the ambulance has come there before, no siren, they just show up and do what they have to do and leave.
It h as turned into a beautiful day. Yesterday there was another demonstration about juvenile delinquency, much shorter because there still was a lot of snow on the ground. My favorite thing is that in the middle of the night, someone or other, came out and made a lot of snow men by the Katedrale, and put signs in their snowy little hands! That has to be the BEST protest I ever saw! Seriously !
Funniest thing I saw on the news was that some Russian guy got drunk and drove a tank into a house and a small shop. The funnyness factor was spoiled by the fact that the house was one of those very pretty Russian log cabins. I love those with logs and the gingerbread trim on them. He had an absolutely huge jar of vodka with him! They showed it on all news shows here.
The other cool t hing was someone in St. Louis really liked my pictures from the Science Center!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter