Tuesday, March 18, 2008

 

Always look on the bright side of life...

Well the stock market situation means that the Democrats could run Shrek and his donkey side kick and win, that would be a good thing! Why is it the market gets all wacko when there is a Republican in the White House?

It is rainy, I haven't been out in days. For some reason the internet club in the neighborhood was closed Saturday and the admittedly short walk was too much for me that day, and as well the usual weekly demonstration about the juvenile delinquency problem is Saturday, so the S.O. could not have come to see me that day, even if he had felt well enough to do it and I could not go into town either.
He came to see me yesterday and I made sure he ate some healthy and tasty things. He has had no appetite, and has to be coaxed to eat. I made just a few pancakes, and I made cream of mushroom soup for him, because the doctors said 'more dairy products and fish' and I sent him home with a tin of sardines my alleged can opener could not open. The can didn't have a pull tab, and if I had known that, I would not have bought that brand! I had fits opening the last batch of those sardines I bought. He has a good can opener at home. So I just put them in his pocket for him. He used to eat so much that it was scary!
He seemed in good spirits and we had a nice visit with one another. He has lost a lot of weight, which isn't a bad thing, but he hasn't been eating enough of the right foods either. So when he visits I make sure to make nice and healthy things for him.

Because next week is going to be Easter, I don't know how much I will be online in the next couple of weeks. Holidays tend to mess up my routine. I am really looking forward to Easter!

Easter here is very nice. I especially like the beautiful decorated eggs. I plan making some myself if I can find a few eggs that are white.
Most eggs in the stores here are brown for some reason.

Ambassador English was on T.V. last night. Unfortunately for me the translation was not only simultaneous, it was rapid! He wore a nice green neck tie in honor of St. Patrick's Day, I got to explain about St. Patrick's Day to the S.O. and we each had a nice small glass of Irish Mist. I kept things kind of quiet otherwise.

I really like Ambassador English. I think he does a good job of representing the U.S. The S.O. liked seeing him too.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter