Friday, February 29, 2008

 

Nice out today, Happy Independance Day Bosnia and Hercegovina!

I am in the neighborhood internet cafe, Club BIT which is a very good place to do my online stuff in general. I am staying closer to home because there may be another demonstration, this time because demobilized soldiers are either not getting adequate pensions or any pensions. They plan something in front of the Presidency. I am sure they will do their thing peacefully, but it will tie up traffic on the usual bus route into town. At least this place is here and close to home. I really appreciate Club BIT more and more. People seem to have fun here.

The S.O. called me and said he still felt crummy but he wanted to at least come over for lunch. It turned out he had a mildly ulterior motive, no not what you think! He needed a good back rub. It isn't enough that he's been dizzy, he walks perfectly steadily but he feels like he is swaying back and forth. I am sure that is no fun. He also has next to no appetite. He has lost quite a lot of weight. Now both of us definately needed to lose weight, but to lose it due to no appetite is not a good thing. He brought me a whole chicken, they make beautiful roast chickens here, there is a very old school place that does that in Ilidza, and he already had half a chicken his neighbors brought him. He did not want it to go to waste and he knows how much I love the local roast chicken, it really is excellent!
He also brought some white wine, that was delicious. I only could have a half glass because I had to take a Cofadon for migraine again yesterday. The same this morning, I woke up just ratty.

Anyway, I made him some soup, and he did eat two dishes, I had gotten some bread for him too. He likes bread and probably eats too much of it. Bread here is good, I am not much of a bread person though. I am glad I got a smaller loaf! He couldn't eat it. I have told the kids if the S.O. turns down bread you need to take his temperature. I put a hand on his forehead and he said 'Why did you do that?' 'Because you NEVER have said 'no' to bread in the whole time I have known you! I even told my kids that if you say 'no' to bread it's time to take your temperature and put you to bed!'

He also came over yesterday because he knew there was perhaps going to be a demonstration on this day and Tomorrow is Bosnian Independance Day, no one is going anyplace! :)
So don't expect to see any postings tomorrow from this quarter. Most places will be closed, and I am sure there will be some sort of celebrations here and there.

I wish all Bosnian readers a Happy Independance Day and a brighter future to this beautful country!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter