Friday, February 08, 2008

 

News in general...

Sad news, the boy that was attacked on the number 3 tram died. This was in yesterday's Oslobođenje. His first name was Denis, and they only gave a last initial because he was a juvenile. He never regained consciousness. He was a student at the Catholic high school here. The guy that actually stabbed him started by asking him 'What are you looking at?' I went to enough real bad American ghetto schools to know that there is only one possible ending to that question, someone is going to attack you. The police did get the suspects fairly quickly.

Osolobođenje ran an article that detailed four brutal crimes committed by juveniles in the last like four months. I did not hear about the robbery at knife point in Baščaršija of a goldsmith shop. They did get the suspect.

The other news is that the new Serbian government might fall over both the E.U. and Kosovo. On Euronews, which I watch most mornings, they showed film of the Serbian mayors having a meeting. They vowed to obstruct and boycott all E.U. peacekeeping work in Kosovo.

Actually it scares me a little. Kosovo is probably going to declare independence soon.

On a personal note, the S.O. has been ill a lot lately. The latest is the vertigo. He lives in a building with four flights of stairs, so with vertigo, he can't even go out. He doesn't want me going there, partly because the visits of both neighbors and family are assuring him of food and more than enough company, and partly because the stairs in his building are not so safe for me. They are concrete, and ill-lit, and sometimes my ankles are not up for the trip up or down. I like my flat because I don't need to do stairs at all.

I wish one of his relatives would take him to Dubrovnik, the hospitals here are alright, but the equipment is better in Dubrovnik. Thank you Martin Sheen.

So Mitt Romney has pulled out of the Republican race, leaving Huckaby and the front-runner McCain on the Republican side. On the Democrat side, despite enough expenditures to fund a small war someplace or to rebuild like a couple villages here in BiH and perhaps even demine some places, there is no decisive edge for either Hillary Clinton or Barak Obama.

I will vote for the nominee of my party whoever he or she is, but I would given my location in the world, vastly prefer Hillary.

The Sarajevo Winter Festival opened last night. Fireworks were visible from my back window, and I missed the shot because 1. I did not realize this in time, and 2. the shutter on my camera was acting up a LOT.

The ceremony was on T.V. which is a good thing, I don't go places at night, especially not alone. Too many ways to re-injure my ankle, which has finally come to be in decent shape.

There was a light dusting of snow last night. The birds hated it. They woke up early, even before the azan was called and sounded mad as Hell to me.






Comments:
'What are you looking at?' is a very bad thing to hear. Poor kid.

There's quite a good summary of the various aspects of "dizziness" including vertigo at http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec06/ch080/ch080b.html?qt=vertigo&alt=sh
Vertigo's not much fun. My mother suffered from it for a while but firtunately it decided to go and bother someone else, hope not your S.O.
 
Well, he already has a number of health problems, any of which could lead to vertigo. I have had it in the past due to migraine, but haven't had it in a couple years. Even the times I did have it, it was not long term. My S.O. has had it for a bit more than a week. Thanks for the link. Any of my former instructors in the Allied Health program would have said, 'good job'!
 
I hope you and your S.O. are able to get some good medical attention soon. It must be hard for you seeing him going through all this. Best wishes.
 
I talked to him this morning, and he is feeling just well enough to go to the doctor's maybe. It goes without saying I won't be seeing him today. My stuff is trivial compared to his. Ankles, get supports 5KM headache, get some Codafon 1.50KM,stomach stuff, get some kamelica or some ginger tea. It is hard seeing him go through all this. I wish I could just make it all better, but he is no spring chicken. Some of it is fairly inevitable.
 
"I wish one of his relatives would take him to Dubrovnik, the hospitals here are alright, but the equipment is better in Dubrovnik."

Why don't you contact them (write/call/whatever) and tell them of your concerns? Perhaps they don't realize all his health problems and it isn't entering in their minds how they could be a solution. If they care for him and have the means they will probably do what you wish - they can't read your mind, so take the initiative and ask them.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter