Monday, February 11, 2008

 

More Just Stuff...

Today I turned 55. It is going to be a fairly boring day for me. The S.O. is still not feeling well. He is not coming over, the good news is that if he feels up to leaving the house at all he will go to the doctor. I don't want him coming over and just getting sick, that is no one's idea of fun. I don't know precisely what is wrong, but his blood pressure got out of whack when he was the victim of pick-pockets on the tram. I think it reminded him how vulnerable he is. He doesn't like to think of himself that way, but given what crime is here lately, we are all vulnerable at some point. That would be true back in the Gulag too.
It is just that public transport is generally less crowded back in the Gulag, and similar incidents are pretty rare. Here there are times the tram is as crowded as a cattle car. I have seen trams so crowded that the driver could not close the doors. I am careful what time of day I take the tram or a bus. I usually manage to get on at such a time that there are still seats. He doesn't always do that. The dizziness probably is related to blood pressure problems. He was doing just fine before, now it is up and down like a yo-yo. I actually hope he does go to the doctor's today. He better if he feels up to the little walk.
Me I am out enjoying the nice day, there were TWO guys out walking their huge Tornjak dogs, beautiful dogs both, and well trained. Both guys looked like ex-soldiers.
Last night some jerks threw a bomb at a bus stop in Dobrinje. 3 people were somewhat injured, it was early evening. No political motivation, it was more of the juvenile crime wave and totally random.
Well it is my birthday, Off to go do something special.

Comments:
Happy birthday, and enjoy the celebration another day.
 
Woooo hooooo!
Happy, Happy Birthday!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter