Tuesday, January 22, 2008

 

Sorry Dears, I had a headache...Here's the coffee, smell it now... this is your last warning....

Today I am recovering from a slambageroo of a migraine. I have not had a migraine that lasted more than a day in awhile, really not since coming to Sarajevo. I am at the age when most female sufferers get some relief, and that has indeed happened for me. I opted not to do H.R.T. mostly because with migraine, all those hormones are part of the problem. My friends that get migraine and take the hormones have to take a lot of scary drugs for migraine, and I don't think that is a plan. So I stayed home on a perfectly lovely day, and today, the migraine is sitting behind my left eye, despite the fact I took some codafon, a locally manufactured pill for everything. I figured that eatting something and moving around might be a good thing. Besides, I still have a lot of editing to do on the NaNo novel, 8 chapters worth, and a mild re-arrangement, since one point of research was not verifiable. So I have to do a few things to make up for that. With NaNo you are writing to a deadline and the Hell with Research or Quality, at this point, it is about Research and Quality.

So last night, I made an early night of it. I went to sleep and woke again, then watched some T.V. until I got bored, and went back to sleep. The S.O. called to see how I was doing. I told him, better than earlier, and that I was glad he'd called.

Here if there is an upside to migraine, is the up-side, when it is all over you feel so damned grateful not to have pain, the world becomes this beautiful place, all the people in it, baring the real scum of the earth, also become beautiful....
Then life gets back to normal....

O.K. most mornings I watch FTV for Euro-news, a helpful program that allows me to watch news in English. This morning, FTV radio was playing OVER the broadcast. That was annoying, because there is important stuff going on and while I understand Bosnian spoken at a normal rate just fine, I can't keep up with the speed at which news-casters speak here. So Euronews and special broadcasts for deaf people keep me from being hopelessly out of the loop as far as daily stuff goes. I also try to tune in SATV because they list all power and water outages due to work on stuff like the water system and the electric system.

Well the radio over Euronews had some unintentionally funny bits..1 over pictures of a man who had specimen cases of Giganto bugs, beautiful tropical insects, the size of the palm of my hand, many were lovely dreamlike colors, the Radio FTV news caster related this bit of trivia, Men lie 3 times more than women, especially about intimate matters. . . the other one was during the 'Pret-a-Porter section, which is of course 'fashion' (I don't call it fashion, I call it weird costumes...but that is just me I guess) they played a song called 'Don't Make Me Over' which would be damned good advice to a lot of men, don't try making a woman over, it puts us in a knife-weilding frenzy.... Then there were the fashions themselves, horrible metrosexual attempts to look corporate, which I have to admit I appreciated for the irony, but not the aesthetics, and then some sort of horrible dystopian Mad-Max stuff on the guys that came out next wearing rags that showed off Union Jack patterned underwear, I guess that was for the fudbal huligani, not that they actually buy clothes, their girlfriends if any do that for them, Then there was some guy named Galliano, he wore a huge silver earring with a black stone in it, jet or onyx? and this leather-NAZI get up with metal stars on it.

All that is trivia though. What really was attention grabbing was the condition of stock markets world wide. I warned all my Republican acquaintences that this would happen.... but NOOOO they just had to go vote for Those People.... They could not be smart and LISTEN to me, and think about a world with nothing but badly managed wars and oil prices near $100 (nearly worthless $ too) a barrel oil.... no that was not good enough...

Anything other than a total overwhelming Democrat victory in the fall will be my sign that the U.S.of A. needs more help than anyone on Earth can give it...

Usually words like 'CRASH' (in German the spelling is KRASCH! I love that!) WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Oh the other thing, Americans are not the only people who can be stupid....Nicolic was ahead of Tadic. Nicolic got what 39% and Tadic got 35%. A record number of Serbs went to the polls. Usually they just don't care. I guess all you have to say to them is 'Kosovo' and follow that word with dire warnings and they all prick up their ears...
Still neither man had decisive numbers so the whole merry circus starts again Feb 3.

Comments:
More than a day seems unfair. I batten down the hatches and wait till the day's over and it's gone. I've only once had one last more than a day and I really felt the migraine had broken its side of the bargain.
 
I've only had one migraine-level headache in my life (due to an infection) and ever since then I've had nothing but sympathy for people who suffer from migraines. I hope you're feeling better by now!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter