Tuesday, January 15, 2008

 

Saying Goodbye is always hard to do.

One of my friends is leaving Sarajevo soon. The S.O. and I are going to go have lunch with this person in a bit. I have not known her very long, but she is an excellent person, and I will miss the times we did lunch together and jabbered away about just stuff in mile - a - minute English. Just when I figured out where to get the corn chips and where to find avacados too!

A very nice documentary was on BHT1 about a famous singer of Sevdah here in in Sarajevo, a sweet old guy, and the program explained that his body of work was lost when the T.V. station was hit by rocket fire in the war. They showed his wrecked up flat, very sad. He not only knew all kinds of old songs, he sang well for a really old person.

It is bright and sunny today, and nice to get out for a bit.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter