Monday, January 07, 2008

 

Everyone needs a 'Jugo' Sretna Nova Godina, Sretan Božić

First of all thanks to my small, discerning, international readership for your patience, a Novogodisnje snijeg is nothing to joke about, and snow was early this year, it hit not just BiH, but Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria, where people have really suffered, and the city where I spent many of my younger years San Francisco. Street people died there!
The big news here was the zićara went all messed up, people were stuck in the freezing cold in mid air for HOURS, like some nine hours, it took a very large rescue effort to get everyone down. That is bad, because they have to fix the lift now and who knows when that will happen! There were a lot of good New Years Eve shows, and movies. I enjoyed being home to watch them. They showed 'The Company' for the first time in Europe, the whole Star wars series ends tonight, but I am watching 'My Big Fat Greek Weddin' instead. I saw 'Revenge of the Sith' fairly recently, and I have neaver seen 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding' It ought to be valuable for the sub-titles alone. Sometimes the sub title people get a little bored and have fun with subtitles. In a film that was mostly respectable, someone used the phrase 'vukojebina' instead of a more proper 'daleko' or 'dalje' for remote.

Sometimes there are other documentaries from other countries, last night there was a deal on the Harvard bells, I had NO idea they came from Moscow! There was a lot of Russian being used, and I got just a bit of it. The speakers kept interfereing with each other, there were times it would have been better to have subtitles and not speak over the person in the film it made for a really annoying sonic mishmash.

There was a very excellent concert by a group called 'Vassilisi' or something like that, I think I have seen them before. Very good. Check them out people! Mostar Sevdah Reunion had a concert in Dom Mladi which I missed since I had guests. If I had known about the concert sooner, there would not have been a party I would have dragged my S.O. out there! Unfortunately it was not advertised on T.V. soon enough.

My New Year's Eve party was a lot of fun, I made some chili, because one guest was from Texas, and some corn soup for a guest that was vegetarian, and there were plenty of nice adult and non alchol beverages, it all went off wonderfully.

I hope all the good guys prosper in the New Year!

Comments:
Happy New Year - hope it's getting bit warmer.
 
Thanks Owen, it may snow again Thursday but yesterday and today are not bad. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter