Wednesday, January 16, 2008

 

Department of Loose Ends:

Sometimes so much is going on for me that I simply can't get it all in. One thing I did not note was the young men with EUFOR who were in the helicopter crash. My friend who is leaving knew them all, and was sad about it, understandably! They were nice young men, everyone who knew them says so, and of course their service to BiH was appreciated. There was an official day of mourning, and a Book of Condolences opened at the Macedonian Embassy here. Dodik btw did not send condolences! That I thought was 'grub' and 'nekulturno' of him. The S.O. told me about that bit. It is common courtesy to send such condolences! I saw film of the funeral on T.V. here. These guys were not far from home when their helicopter crashed.

More on the guy that got busted yesterday, he was a very big criminal. It took MONTHS of careful investigative work by the police here in Sarajevo to nail him. He was arrested not all that far from where I live right now.

I have not had as many links as before, sorry about that, time simply has not allowed for it.

Finally it looks like the weather is clearing up. That comes as a relief. The S.O. and I plan several good long walks. His doctor says this would be good for him, and I don't need no doctor to tell me it would do me good to walk. Besides then I can take some pictures of other places, to share with my small, but discerning international readership! :)

Comments:
Yes, I miss your links, but for the time being we small and discerning people will get by with your interesting observations.
 
don't forget, you also read, which is a good thing! Thanks for your kind words!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter