Thursday, December 27, 2007

 

Slushies all around...

And I do not mean from the Kwikie Mart! I am relieved that the endless cycle of multi-multi holidays is coming to a slow close. I have enjoyed them all one way or the other, but now I am sort of tired.

Movie to watch if it Ever Comes Your Way (na žalost it will not if you are outside the region ) Most,(or in English, Bridge)

This is one of the better Partizans vs Nazi films I have seen. I was by myself so I was able to watch it. Basically these guys have to blow up a bridge, and it is full of cool, but at least somewhat probable plot twists.

Lots of nice shows for Christmas, seriously, pretty decent music. There is other Christmas stuff to come, since the other Christians here are Orthodox and their Christmas comes up Jan 7.

My Christmas was peaceful. I watched Midnight Mass in the Katedrale, and in Rome, the next day, Christmas Day I watched Urbi i Orbis, from Rome and Christmas Day Mass again at the Katedrale. Someone please tell me how it is that 90% Muslim Sarajevo had more and better quality Christmas shows than 90% Catholic Croatia! :)

I do not know if I have mentioned another favorite show, Positivna Geografia, the host looks like he could be Anishanabe, or perhaps from the Yakama Rez. He has the right kind of jacket, the right kind of red and black flannel work shirt, and jeans, his hair is long, and tied back or in a braid. No seriously, he could be a skin! :). Right there I like him. He goes all kinds of places in BiH I may never get the chance to see, and just raps with people. It is really a wonderful show. They should think about shows like this in other countries. They run it more than once. in a week too.

I like Folk Show a lot too. My S.O. and I watch it regularly together or not. Last time there was a folk group of primary school kids who were totally good, they had everything DOWN. One little girl looked a lot like my grand daughter, another looked as my daughter looked when she was little, and there was a boy that resembled my grandson a bit. Usually children screw up in some way, these kids did not, they did as good a job as their older collegues! And were devastatingly CUTE.

Comments:
Greetings Yakima, & happy New year. i love your web page, & read it regularly. my wife & i lived in Sarajevo for 2 years, 2002-4. Some of that time in Bjelave, where my wife was a volunteer in the orphanage there.We have some wonderful memories of BiH. So please post some more photos! Best wishes - hugo.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter