Thursday, December 13, 2007

 

Rainy today...

And my S.O. is kind of in trouble for repeatedly forgetting my umbrella! :). Anyway, it's oversight Thursday, the day I blog about stuff I forgot to mention on earlier occaisions...

Back at the old flat, I had cable and there was a German channel that on one occaision showed a Bollywood film dubbed into German. It seemed to involve a wedding, Bridezilla, Groomzilla, some guy that was an alter-ego, or evil twin of the groom was around, anytime the future groom got drunk or something this other guy would show up and generally mess things up...

The future father in law looked like an Indian edition of Hitler, the mustache, the gestures, and someone involved in dubbing this film into German, had a field day with the guy!

Bosnian subtitles, no damn clue what the film was, but it involved the Dancer's and Musicians Unions and a lot of really nice Indian traditional outfits got worn at different times.

I was really glad to be alone that night, because probably my S.O. would not like Bollywood films. They are too crazy! He would have liked the music though.

This morning there was an odd little documentary on BHT 1, it involved a very old guy who is terribly poor. He has to go through the garbage for old bread. I do not know how he manages to have cigarettes. He lives in basically a small shed someplace. I think the someplace is on the outskirts of a small Bosnian town that has a lot of weird little factories. He's actually Macedonian.

Anyway, he is also some kind of curendero, he's Muslim. He heals people the doctors have given up on. Watching him at work was interesting to me, because apparently there is an awareness of accupuncture points in traditional healing here. That fascinated me. The guy's sheer will to keep on truckin' amazed me.

Another documentary I saw was about Bosnians who went to Turkey in the war times, and who have come back. Fascinating people.

There are more documentary films here than in the States. No one thinks they are weird or nerdy.

That or being nerdy is alright here! :)

Off to go get some food items and home again. Oh there was a magpie on the ledge of the bedroom window. I got a good look at it, but sadly no chance to photograph it. There are a lot of magpies around this area.

Comments:
Keep on being nerdy. Those documentaries sound interesting. Have you seen the Dusan and Dusan clips at Belgrade 2.0? We don't get enough of one another's interesting programmes, just the dregs like Big Brother.
 
not yet, but promise you I will soon have a look cannot help being nerdy, it is how God made me!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter