Monday, December 10, 2007

 

Lovely out today...

So here I am at Club BIT, the neighborhood internet cafe. They are very nice and helpful, I was given the choice to sit at a computer out of the sun, which is very helpful, since I do not see well to begin with. If you can handle smoke, this is a pretty decent internet cafe. They have coffee, and people hang out here playing games online. I like that.

As far as Kosovo goes, nothing happening today so far. Of course I will be back home and glued to the news pretty soon as I expect my S.O. to visit. He had a number of Christmas related errands to deal with. He had to run around getting wheat seeds for the wheat grass people grow here for Christmas, so on and so on. So I won't see him before 2p.m. Both 'Euronews' an English language thing that is piggybacked from C.N.N. and the local news had quite a bit on the Kosovo situation and on the elections in Republika Srpska. The victor was at a party and waiters were passing around glasses of what looked like pretty decent white wine. He said he wanted to work with everyone. He's not a politician, but a professor of Political Science. So we shall see.

I am going to watch Star Wars tonight. I love those films. I am glad the whole series is being shown.

It is very nice out, warm enough that I did not need to put on my gloves, and sunny too.

When I went by the little cevapi place on the corner, it wasn't open yet, there was a little blue plastic shopping bag full of somun on the doorknob. I thought, 'Such trust, that no one would nick it and run off with the bread!' Granted the street has plenty of eyes, anyone stupid enough to do that would be caught! :). The guy at the news kiosk, or the lady at the little grocery store would notice and there would indeed be Hell to pay!

I noticed tomatoes there, I am going to go ahead and get some feta cheese and make my famous tomato feta cheese salad and have some nice potato cakes, I already boiled the potatoes. Just have to peel them, mix them with a little kefir a little flour, and an egg, and some salt and pepper, and then as they say in the Army, 'good to go!' :)

My American friend has returned to town, she brought me three Reach (tm) tooth brushes. Despite what some near and dear to me say, I have a very small mouth, I have to have a child sized and soft toothbrush. To tell the truth, I was having trouble finding them even back in the Yakima Gulag, so to have three feels like a great blessing!


We are going to get together for lunch or a coffee near where she works. I look forward to seeing her, she is a friend I made because of NaNo. (National Novel Writing Month).

Comments:
What's the significance of the wheat grass? They feed barley grass to racehorses as a nutritional supplement.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter