Friday, December 28, 2007

 

Benazir Bhutto brutally assasinated

Yesterday, I had to go out and get money to pay my utility bills. They are a lot less per month than Stateside, and you just take your bills to the post office to pay them. I also sent my son, sister and father mail. I need to write to my daughter and a few friends back in the Gulag, it takes time to write a good letter by hand and I sometimes include drawings, for things best illustrated with drawings.

I got home from all this, took off my boots, my coat, put away the obscene looking hren, and made coffee and turned on the news. The lead story was the murder of Benazir Bhutto. Usually the lead story is not from outside of BiH, but if it bleeds bad enough, then that is different, and this was very bloody. There were graphic pictures of people simply blown to bits.

Benazir Bhutto was appreciated here, because she visited Sarajevo back in 1994 and tried to be of help. So people in general feel pretty bad about all this. I do, I remember thinking it was neat that Pakistan, one of the most patriarcal countries on the face of the EARTH elected a woman to be prime minister before the U.S. supposedly so progressive managed the same thing, that in this Pakistan was ahead of all but India, in electing a woman to lead. I was afraid for her when she went back, I was very afraid some son of a bitch would assasinate her. I feel bad about it. If she cared enough to come to Bosnia when it was not a safe trip, she can not have been all bad, and is is a SHAME, SRAMOTA that anyone thinks that their religion justified not only killing her, but people who simply were in the near vicinity. I hope those fuckers rot in Hell, and I hope they go there soon.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter