Thursday, November 22, 2007

 

So I got out of the house for the first time since Saturday

It is buzy outside here in Sarajevo. I have not been out since Saturday. Mailed off family Christmas cards and went to lunch with M. we went to Hacienda, they got the Guacamole just RIGHT, it was his first Mexican food and he liked it a lot. The very sight of a Mexican flag flying in Baščaršija does funny things to me. The owner has a Muslim name, so that makes it even more unusual. There are dishes that are not available for this reason, but a good selection and a tri-lingual menu. (Bosnian-Spanish-English) I liked sitting away from the exact center, it was not too crowded when we went, and I think that made it nicer. I need to try the place closer to home next, when the snow melts. Some of the sidewalk situation near me is shall we say, questionable.
Those of you who pray, please pray for peace here, there is a lot of stupid hot air emanating from certain quarters over Kosovo which ought not have anything to do with Bosnia-Hercegovina.
I actually have an American friend here now, we sometimes get together for lunch, and when it is not snowy I get around pretty well. The bus service here is decent, crowded, but efficient. The trams too. I find that the taxis fill in the gaps pretty well too.
I did have to go shopping one day and there are two decent little stores close by and two little butcher shops. It is very peaceful and quiet right where I am, yet I am close in enough to go places and have some fun. Flikr is acting up so no new pictures for you this tome sorry! I have to go home, I only have like 20,000 words or so to write, I need to indulge in a little purple prose, add and epilogue, and generally fatten up my NaNo novel. It has been fun, now I am sick of it! haha!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter