Monday, November 26, 2007

 

So here is where I have been lately people.

I am at a little over 40, 000 words on my increasingly cheesy NaNo novel, meaning I can probably finish since my significant other has to go to Croatia, medical stuff, he'll be back.

I accompanied him yesterday to his polling place, he has dual citizenship and votes in Croatian and Bosnian elections. Anyway, we go all the way down town. In a typically Kafka-esque gesture of the kind you need to laugh at in order to survive, we were directed to some other place. There I waited around taking pictures of a pretty cool model of Bobovac, which sort of qualifies as former family property. The model was really cool and there were a few people who had brought their kids along and they would see me looking at the model and brought their kids to look. The model is made of stone, bits of dirt, plant bit bits, and wood, it is meticulous, and has EVERYTHING, even the drawbridge. I really enjoyed it myself and so did the kids.

Yesterday was of course American Thanksgiving, Happy Turkey Day to my American readership and it was Bosnian Statehood Day, so anyway no turkey here. The closest I got to a turkey was some noodles manufactured in Turkey! (cheesy of me someone slap me quick!)
Instead we went out for a typical Bosnian meal that involved soup and some meat that came with what I consider very over cooked potatoes, and we had juice. This was in Bascarcija. Sorry I have an English keyboard here and am in too much hurry to mess wiht diacritical marks!

The local internet cafe is very friendly but costs more per hour than the other one. The good news is it is close to home, meaning that every time I want to use the net I do not have to go trucking into the downtown area to do it. This is good.

A little more snow today. It wasn't bad. I however felt a little threatened by it :).

Anyway life is better since I got some decent boots.

Off to post pictures. That takes time, and to check personal e-mails.

Oh the ENTIRE Starwars series is being shown from tonight every Monday until New Years! I should be decently entertained then!

Take care everyone!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter