Friday, November 23, 2007

 

Finally the Expidition to Find Club Bit has succeded!

I was begining to think that Club Bit was a myth, and that O.S. Alija Nametak, from which it is accross the street also was a Sarajevo myth. It was up and down some street tangles and not on the map. Most schools are on the map. This is an old school so i have no freeking IDEA why it was left off. Anyway this is a nice internet club, it is close to home and if they have membership I certainly plan to join. It is a deeply nerdy place, and it has all the facilities I need besides being closer to home.

I am going to try to post some more pictures of the neighborhood. I live in Bjelava, which is quite the nicest part of Sarajevo. With the help of friends, I am better learning my way around.

The political crisis here deepens. Dodik has been really making a lot of noise and another one of the R.S. government too.

Again, why anything that is going on in Kosovo which is a long ways off ought to have any impact on Bosnia Hercegovina is beyond me and beyond most of the rest of BiH. So it goes.

I am really glad to have found this place, not that I won't ever go to Easynet again, but why go far when you can go to an internet cafe closer in?

Taxi fares have gone up. The taxi drivers here work very hard, and the cheap fares meant they were struggling to make ends meet. Thankfully I need them less and less as I learn my way around.

I got some new boots. The cowboy boots given to me by a friend were lovely but sprang a leak last year, so I did not take them with me because it is possible to get really good foot-wear here.

Sometimes it's a bit expensive, especially on Ferhadia. I lucked out yesterday, there was a terrific sale in Bascarsija, where I hang out a lot, and I had my eye on it for some time. I got some knee length boots that have great tread. So here I am someplace besides my living room!

Comments:
It is so interesting to read your "reports" from and about Sarajevo.
Sarajevo seen by a foreigner! (And in last 15 years there weremany foreigners here, of course not only in last 15 years, but these 15were very different from Bosnian point of view!)
Now, that snow is slowly but surely melting, I expect we will meet soon. Keep on writing, and take care!
 
Well written article.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter