Thursday, October 18, 2007

 

Today's news links

Srebenica widows jeered Dutch troops who visited Srebenica

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/10/18/Worldandnation/Widows_in_Bosnia_jeer.shtml

There was a lot of coverage of this on all local news channels. It was understandably an emotional time for the ones who lost entire families.

Freelance Journalist Who Works for VOA Beaten In Her Apartment

http://www.voanews.com/english/2007-10-17-voa69.cfm?rss=human

I don't care who did it or why, it's unacceptable behavior on two grounds, 1. This person is a journalist, and 2. This journalist happens to be a woman.

This story made me really angry.

So far, despite having had local news on, I'm no wiser about the smoke last night, and there was a LOT of it.

There was also a game or something in the stadium. I am not all that far from Koševo Stadium.

I was up a little late watching 'The Alamo' on one of the cable channels, I kind of got in at the middle and was sorry I hadn't started watching earlier, because it is a good film. General Santa Anna doesn't come off too well in that film. Davy Crockett's experience of cannibalism was referred to, it wasn't as frank as his real life references though. I suppose if you are going to valorize someone like that, you can't have references to them deliberately frying an Indian's ass with potatoes.

Oh brag and boast time, one of my photos, not even one of my best ones got short-listed for 'Schmaps'!

Comments:
I don't really understand the context of this visit to Srebrenica. Was it a private initiative by soldiers wanting to come to terms with their experience or was it sponsored in any way?
 
@Owen, I don't know, all I know is in their place I'd be FAR FAR FAR away from Srebenica!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter