Tuesday, October 09, 2007

 

The Telefonski Fiajasko continues

O.K. I went to the post office today, I just took a taxi down there, and took my phone, the Ultra Card, and all that. The lady in the post office said that my phone doesn't take the the BHmobil Ultra Card. I think that is wrong, because I believe that is the EXACT type that my landlord's father used with my phone, and it worked for him. As well I am pretty damn sure that the guys down at Enter Mobile Servis used BHmobile Ultra cards in testing my phone. So something isn't adding up.

There for some reason was a lot of noise in the main post office. It was like a staple gun or a nail gun or something like that. Because of the lovely high ceilings and all, it tends to really echo. The noise would start EVERY damn time the lady behind the counter was trying to tell me something, she was at a seat too far from the window for me to be able to hear her well ANYWAY, and the noise didn't help. When I could actually hear her, I understood her, so that's not the problem, it was the noise that interfered. I left in frustration. Supposedly there is a place to buy the phones taht DO work with the BHmobile Ultra card but I'd had enough of the whole Kafkaesque situation, my feet were killing me. I went in search of an A.T.M. So far only two banks have A.T.M.s that consistently work with my card, Zagrebacka Bank, and the Turkish bank. It was a long walk, I went there, and got money, headed back to the post office, oh they have a display of the various phones but like NO information of whether you can just get them at the post office, or where ELSE you could go to get one of them, or what the Hell they cost.
Then there's the matter of the phone I already bought, which supposedly according to the post office lady doesn't take this type of card. Again I'm not so sure about that. That is ANOTHER expedition into Baščaršija to see if I can just exchange this phone or return it. Within
Baščaršija are two branches of the same shop. I am going to gather up all the paper work and take it there again, to the exact shop where I bought it, and tell them what all has happened so far, and see if I can either exchange the phone, get something that DOES in fact work with BHmobile or whatever.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter