Thursday, October 11, 2007

 

So the stupid phone situation STILL isn't resolved!

Looks like either Saturday or Monday I have to go down to Eronet and ask them for a different battery, the one supplied seems to be a dud, it says if a battery has no charge it may take a few minutes. I was EXTREMELY careful I removed my rings before even touching the battery at all, I was EXTREMELY cautious installing it, but a few minutes probably should not be about half an hour.

This is really pissing me off. I have to go in either Saturday or Monday and hope someone can please help. I am going to check the website first. If I don't start seeing signs of life with the little phone though, I guess it's another trek downtown. At least now I know how to get there without problems. It's not that far from the National Theatre, so I can save a little cab far by going to Skenderija or Baščaršija. Given that it probably will still be raining, that might be a good idea. I hope it's not the damn battery. In case you haven't noticed, the phone situation has me muy enojada, veoma ljut,

I know I can maintain composure and talk slowly and listen if I have to go down there again. I just really was hoping I would not have to. It involves carrying ALL the damn paperwork to and from.

It's not like there was the wrong battery, or like I did this wrong. I don't know sometimes a battery is just no good. Sometimes the phone is a lemon, who knows.

I have to say that they do a good job at Nokia with the instruction manual, they have it in Bosnian and in English, and the Nokia website has excellent demos you can refer to.

B.T.W. I'm hearing what sounds like celebratory gun fire and or fireworks, it's pretty desultory so far. It began about when the last of the workmen on the building site knocked off for the night, there were some guys unloading stuff after dark.
Then I heard what sounded like little kids out with fireworks of some kind, just one or two. It's rainy, that probably explains why there isn't a lot of it going on all at once, it's like someone goes out does what ever with the noise, and then goes back in to eat or something.

People tend to have parties for this last night, and to see their family and friends. It's however pretty mellow since there isn't drinking involved.

I bet these noises have been scary for the canine life forms out there, if they are even out and about in this rain.

While I was out earlier I saw a dog that was some sort of hound, very lovely, he was on his own, he had three colors. I think he has an owner, he looked relatively well cared for.

Update: O.K. I went to the website and found out that Nokia batteries take a notoriously long time to fill the first time, one person said 16 hours, supposedly it's 3 hours for a first time to fill the battery. it might be a good idea to put that information in the users manual instead of making people crawl through the dry desert to some internet message board to find that out! I'm just saying....

Anyway that means I need to be up a little later just to be sure because in big unfriendly letters it says in the manual that you can over charge the battery. I really would LOVE to have a battery like in my first phone that lets you know when the charging process has started, and lets you know with loud kittenish beeps when the process is over, and that you can't over charge it. Ah well only so much you can expect from designers and writers of user manuals I guess, but a few minutes is way different from saying 'O.K. the first time you charge it can take awhile, like 3 hours, 16 hours, the next week, whatever you do don't panic. That would be helpful. Another thing, if it's on a user message board that simply isn't as credible to me as something actually IN the manual.

I'd rather have a little bad news in the manual right up front from a reliable source than have to figure it out that way. Just a thought.

I plugged the recharger into a wall socket as required, and then plugged in the little lead as the demo showed. I mean this IS an operation I've done before with other phones. So it's not like it's new.

I mean if they can warn about things like short-circuiting a battery, why not have this news that it takes longer, way longer handier? I didn't mind a bit, I took above and beyond precautions, and checked the very useful little demos at the Nokia website, and I did things correctly. So anything that went wrong is NOT MY FAULT, nisam ja kriv!

So all I can do is cross my fingers. I really don't want to have to bother the nice people down at the Erotel office on Saturday or Monday. I just want the thing to work! I hate bugging people with stuff that doesn't work! I really and truly do!



Comments:
Mobile phones are the devil's work - don't whatever you do rub the battery three times.
 
@Owen, no I didn't do that! It's looking like tomorrow I must go down and bother the nice folks down at Eronet. I need to say 'Molim vas, trebam malo pomoc, zato baterija ne radi nikada.' I need to schlep all the paper work.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter