Friday, October 05, 2007

 

Rainy Day Saturday










Well, the cable is out here, and so is the gas still. I think the issue at this point might be the pilot light, a part I am not qualified to deal with outside the U.S. I would if it were an American style hot water boiler, because I do know how to light them, and I know where to check.


Here I'm relying on some international symbols and lights, designed to be readable regardless of language. They are VERY tiny So I can't see them easily.

They also were designed by aliens from whatever planet Mr. Bill came from, so that means I should not assume I understand them all until I get the handbook.

Last night I discovered we do have Hell Hounds around here!

I have heard dogs barking madly at different times. I decided to look out and see where the dogs were because my ears were detecting that they were moving around the building in some way, not inside it. So I looked and saw like this HUGE pack of feral canine life forms. For all I know they COULD have been jackals. They all seemed slightly smaller than German Shepherds, and about the same conformation. It was a huge pack of whatever the Hell they were!

It was dark, all I could see was like massive numbers of canine life forms swarming through the building site area. There are jackals here. I should test that theory by howling at them next time and seeing what they do. Dogs will not be silenced by a human response of that kind, but jackals will shut up and go away.

I didn't think anyone in here actually owns a dog, most of my neighbors seem to be Muslims, and Muslims are not big on dogs. Although Sarajevo seems to have a lot of dogs all the same, both tame, cared for and loved household pets and the feral dogs. People will feed stray dogs here. I saw someone trying to give a stray some leftovers. I saw one stray that was apparently an Irish Setter dog, she had lost most of the hair on her face, meaning she must be a very old animal. I have seen also one person who has a huge Dalmatian, he had it on a leash and was going by one of the mosques in the Baščaršija.

I have only seen two of those dogs in the region and both I saw in Sarajevo. The other one I saw was with a couple, they had two dogs, the Dalmatian and some fuzzy little dog. That was years ago. I saw them on Ferhadija, while out walking with my S.O., who really should have been back home by now. I should call him and see if everything is o.k. Maybe he stayed down at his brother's longer than planned, there is a fairly heavy rain and no sensible person would be driving with that going on. Still, if I remember correctly he was meant to have got back on Friday.





Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter