Wednesday, October 10, 2007

 

A program I saw today on Al Jazeera

On 'Al Jazeera' there is a program called 'Witness' which is very good. The latest edition had a story about Bosnia and the war, and a number of people.

There was a woman in Belgrade who took in several Bosnian children at the time of the war, among them a little boy named Senad Imamović, who came from a little tiny Muslim village. She looked after these children very well, there were three of them. She wanted to find out what became of them later, especially
Senad Imamović.He has Cerebral Palsy.
She got involved with Video Letters. I first learned about 'Video Letters' from a blog called 'Random Bosnian Thoughts' Anyway, she did manage to find the boy's family and the news was not good. The film was very touching, and shows a lot about what it is like here since the war.
I won't spoil it for you by telling how it ended. I want people to see it for themselves. It should be up on the Al Jazeera website soon. When I see a link, I will post it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter