Wednesday, October 24, 2007

 

Katarina Vukčić Kosača Death Anniversary


As has been customary for me, I mark this anniversary today. Some commemoration of the life of this great figure in Bosnian history has been made earlier, and mentioned earlier in the week. There is still respect for the memory of the last queen of Bosnia. She was after all this time.

The following link has some good pictures and interesting information, warning, stupid mis-informed flame-war. She was not a convert from Orthodoxy but from the Bosnian Church sometimes mis-called Bogomil, She descended from a family as important in it's own way as the last of the Tvrtković family. Her line in fact traces to Constantine I, yes THAT Constantine I.

People on that board also do not realize there was no way she could have been buried in Bosnia, there was a small matter of it being difficult to carry a body abroad in those days of no refrigeration just for starters. If you died someplace that is likely where you were buried for the most brutal of practical reasons.

The accusations of incompetence may be true of her husband, but it is less than fair to carry those accusations over to her. Queen Katarina had a very strong character. She did not flee until it was unavoidable.

Anyway, there's some nice pictures on that board.


Interesting Link on Queen Katarina

http://www.allempires.net/printer_friendly_posts.asp?TID=7827

Comments:
I inclination not agree on it. I over nice post. Specially the title-deed attracted me to review the intact story.
 
Easily I agree but I contemplate the collection should secure more info then it has.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter