Monday, October 08, 2007

 

I now royally HATE the Ultra card service of BiH mobitel!

O.K. the instructions look simple enough, so I tried to get the damn thing working on my own. That didn't work, so I asked my landlord for help, he did EXACTLY the same stuff I did, and it got him nowhere. That means I was following the instructions as written. O.K. I took my cell phone and the packet, the ENTIRE packet down to a branch of the cell phone shop where I bought my cell phone, the guys there are certifiable nerds and know their business, they did everything, two of them and finally concluded I was sold a dud card. So I went in search of the post office where I bought the damn thing, to get my money back or something. They told me I have to go to the main branch for it. Well that was a long ways to walk and by then my knee was beginning to hurt. So I stopped at a news stand and got a totally new start packet. Guess what? The same stupid routine is happening again. Why there isn't a help desk I could call I don't know. The website should have a tutorial or something, that'd help but no there isn't one. I'm pretty angry now. It should not be that damn hard to get a damn phone working. If there IS something else I need to be doing, why is it NOT in the INITIAL instructions like 'Step one, turn on the phone, Step two Enter your pin, step three make a call, anyhwere in BiH, Step 4 you are now activated.
That is basically what the instructions SAY. So why twice in a row, two different SIM cards am I getting 'emergency calls only!' in big unfriendly letters? If there is some other boogety boogety I am supposed to be doing, that ought to be in the initial instructions. The longer instructions don't seem to indicate any further magical actions which must be taken to get the phone working either.
This phone is supposed to be able to accept the BH mobile Ultra card. The guys at the shop tried other ultra cards on it and it worked with them doing EXACTLY as the instructions say! This pisses me off, two in a row that don't work.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter