Friday, September 07, 2007

 
Well, I got my stuff situated at the Avalon, thanks to a cabbie who had the most amazing physical resemblence to Rev. Ian Paisley and who has an American daughter who once worked at the American Embassy in Sarajevo.
I was simply lathered in sweat, my blue vest, my skirt, and my blouse were soaked, and I can't wash things until at least Sunday. I honestly think most men would have broken under what I went through this morning just getting to where there was an ATM and where there'd be a taxi.
Dublin has changed a lot. The eye level landmarks are different now, and the old signs that were easy for me to read are mostly gone.
I did get some nice pictures, nice arty shots of the messed upness of my friends flat. It's like out of Angela's Ashes, or a Sean O'Casey play. I'm glad she is moving.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter