Monday, September 24, 2007

 

We are there yet...we are there yet...

Actually I arrived in Sarajevo the 19th, but it took this long to do everything I needed to to set up Internet access. It's covered in the rent in this flat, but I did not want to take ANY foolish chances with the adaptor. That can ruin your computer's day totally.
I took Centrotrans from Dubrovnik, starting out at 8 am and arrived in Sarajevo 2:45, and was at the flat by around 3, thanks to the taxi service here. I have contacted some of my local friends, and done touristy things like go out to the Bascarsija.
It is Ramzan, but business goes on, including the construction that is going on near the flat I have rented.
Actually the noise is less than a Dublin Saturday night.
Getting out of the Old City was an experience, mostly due to my luggage. Thank God I have the wheelie. I put things together on it, and one thing on my back. The Pile gate is the gate to use leaving, because it has no stairs, and I got a taxi because even though it was breezy, I was working like a horse and sweating in a similar fashion.
The bus ride was uneventful mostly. As usual, my last name tripped up the passport people so my passport was last to be given back as usual.They need to pick ONE way to mispronounce my name! Anyway, the drivers no longer have assistant drivers, I think that's too bad. The driver delegated two passengers to give back passports therefore.
That I don't care for so much, but that's how it is now.
A lot more foreigners are visiting BiH, lots of Germans were on the bus, and at least three Americans. There was an Ed Alexander look-alike on the bus too. Some of the exact route seems different from before.
Anyway, it was a good trip, I am glad to finally be here after planning it for all these years.

Comments:
Delighted you made it safe and sound. Looking forward to your dispatches from Sarajevo.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter