Sunday, September 16, 2007

 

So here I am in the Dublin Airport,

sitting in a pile of bags, well three, two to check, my personal item and my carry on. I'm tired, but the taxi guy got me here on time, lovely man, ex soldier type. Lots of tatoos and an earring. He was appalled at the Supermac story. Those people have failed to reply. Well I'm going to do registered letters, copies to all relevant authority boards and see what that does. Legally in Ireland they are supposed to reply in 7 days. Believe me they will hear from me again once I'm settled in.
The Avalon hostel people have all been lovely to me and helpful. I have to say that staying there was a good experience.
I have gotten some excellent pictures of Kilmainham, including the cell where Padraig H. Pearse spent his last 24 hours, and the cell where Mrs. Plunkett stayed, which was used as a chapel by the female Republican prisoners.
Dublin has changed so much that to visit it today is almost a form of culture shock. even a lot of Dublin people find it disconcerting, maybe Dublin people most of all.
The shocking thing about the Supermac's thing is that it NEVER would have happened in 2000. the taxi driver especially liked that I asked the guy 'An bhfuil Gaelige agat?' and told him 'don't ask anyone in this country where they are from until you can answer that question!'
In half an hour I go upstairs and can check my bags. YEAH, I guess because I have two not one, I get to pay an excess baggage fee. I won't complain about that. In the U.S. you get to have 2 bags in economy class. The size of the bags seems to matter more than it does here in Europe.
Anyway slan abhaile Bog za sada, you will next hear from this zeka in Dubrovnik. Must find an ATM I will need cash for various things there, like a room and the bus to Sarajevo.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter