Monday, September 10, 2007

 

Dublin how it's changed,

but some things never change...
just out the window of the internet station in the Avalon hostel, a couple of drunk guys seemed to have this magically increasing supply of alcholic beverages, wine, and some beer, and they were singing 'Over There' over and over again, then they began to sing 'I'll Take You Home Again Kathleen' but mercifully couldn't remember all the words, they dissolved into manly hugs and back slaps, then picked up after themselves! That is something I never saw in the States! Very civilized of them.
Guys Euroinflation is real. I can't say I like it, but whatcha gonna do really? At least a week in Ireland is cheaper than two days of Florida.
I leave for Dubrovnik on the 16th. I will be taking Aer Lingus.
I bet t he flight will be full of people on their way to Medjugorije, or perhaps people who want to take advantage of the beaches.
Either way, I got a decent deal on the ticket so that's good.
Visit my flikr page for pictures of Dublin.
Today I took pictures of all the monuments I could find in Stephens Green. I think they moved Robert Emmet from last time I was here. I'm pretty sure they moved everyone but O'Donovan Rossa.
I am going to follow up on my bad experience with the securithug in the fast food place.
Wierd news of the day would be un Balkans related today. That is that t here was a gang of neo-Nazis in Israel. I have said all along that not all of the Soviet Jews in fact were Jews at all, in any sense of the word.
I resent the fascists having adopted the Celtic cross as an identifying mark. That pisses me off.
The papers here are full of the McCann case. In the church accross the road, there's a picture of the little girl.
I'm not sure how pre-occupied real people are with this case, but I have to wonder about people who leave their kids all alone in a room while they go eat dinner, in a totally different building.
That would not be on in my family.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter