Thursday, September 13, 2007

 

Dregs of the Summer

So it's a typically bleak looking Dublin morning, but not all that cold at least. I think I'll do th e bus tour, it's too much for me to walk around all day. I am recovering from the cold I caught, but at times I feel WAY too hot, as if the little people in charge of the furnace in my body decided to chuck in lots of wood. Then the people upstairs go 'WAIT just a minute, we don't want to pay the BILL for all this!' and promptly turn down the heat. My nightclothes were soaked from sweat, and my bed is by an open window. Anyway when my temp does this it usually means I'm recovering. I do feel a bit better, but I' m babying myself. I am doing nothing too demanding until time to actually leave. This being a hostel, I can't really stay in and sleep, besides, I'm probably not coming to Dublin again anytime soon, so I want to go out and do things. I'm just doing them slower and easier.
I did get some things and prepare food here at the hostel, nothing complex, just stuff I could throw together without actually cooking. I found out that Polish pasteta, while tasty doesn't agree with me one bit. So that's an eatting experience I won't be repeating.
Anyway, I need to get to the Global Internet Cafe (shameless comercial plug) and download the rest of my over 100 photos from the Phoenix Park Zoo.
I can't comment on other people's blogs easily from here as I'm not using my own computer. I am reading other people's postings. Some of them have been wildly entertaining. Especially over at Glory of Carniola, and Gordy's moving adventures have been something to follow.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter