Saturday, August 04, 2007

 

Sunny Saturday!

Well my daughter came, and we together got most of the boxes out of here. So I have some further sorting to do, it's going to be interesting. I have to get the junk items out of things I actually want to keep, and I need to arrange giving away the huge microwave and it's cupboard. I will miss that cupboard, Ilike it, but so it goes. Can't keep everything!
I need to call a friend and see if she needs it, if not, then I'll just call Salvation Army to get it. Someone out there needs it.
I know one friend is going to want the plastic locker I have too. It's kind of a cool thing, I got it free, and it's something she can keep on her porch.
Gave the kids the cooler and some food items, things I'm not likely to use up before I leave.
The shed is full now basically, Kierna wanted the little ammo box I use as a tray when I eat. I gave her a Cabbage Patch Doll, a boy doll. She was happy and asked for the ammo box tray to use as a bed for him so I said yes. She was happy to get it.
My daughter and I managed pretty well with the boxes. She is SO strong. Then we had lunch at her place. She was tired from working and went to sleep for a bit. I even fell asleep during a movie the kids were watching. So now I am rearranging my suitcases. Some of them may go into the shed until I have a more permanent address. I'm only taking two right with me. Anyway I am making final decisions about what goes into the two I do take, obviously my computer, and once the house sells, a current converter, and a couple days change of clothes, important papers will go into the smaller one. I will put other things I will want or need in the slightly bigger one. Both have wheels. There is no way I can do this all without wheels. I will check one bag. I am going to get a Euraii pass. I haven't been a lot of places, and this would be when to go see some of the rest of Europe, sometime before I'm old and decrepit and can't anymore. People wait too long to do that stuff.

News items:

Croatia, foodie destination

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2007/aug/04/saturday.travelfoodanddrink?gusrc=rss&feed=travel

yeah the food is pretty good there.

Serbs criticize Croatian celebrations

http://www.rferl.org/featuresarticle/2007/08/ff9332cf-4f63-4cc5-8b0a-8a2ee20f6eac.html



Huge number of pigs die in swine fever outbreak in Romania

http://www.rferl.org/featuresarticle/2007/08/ff9332cf-4f63-4cc5-8b0a-8a2ee20f6eac.html

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter