Thursday, August 16, 2007

 

Happy Independance/Partition Day to my Indian readers!

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/08/15/europe/EU-GEN-Kosovo-Pilgrims.php

This article was interesting because it shows the interfaith observances that were once common in the Balkans are not a totally dead thing.


Not Balkans related but of interest:

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/07_15/b4029050.htm?campaign_id=rss_topStories

The key words would be 'unwilling to work at the posted salary'! Basically that is the problem, employers try to do things on the cheap, they don't want to make sure of adequate benefits, or to pay workers what their time is worth so of course the workers disappear!

My family are partly of Indian descent, not just my children, but I have Indian cousins on my father's side of the family and there are ties with India even on my mother's side. So this is a day we mark in my family.

http://festivals.iloveindia.com/independence-day/index.html

Personal:
So the van deal fell through and this zeka is going to leave as she arrived, by Greyhound. A lot of complicated arrangements had to be made to get me to Idaho in the daylight hours. Basically, I will be staying at a hotel in downtown Yakima in order to be right across the street from the Yakima depot, and then I can arrive in daylight in Idaho. The town I'm going to isn't noted for having a good selection of hotels close to the depot, not even seedy hotels. All the hotels are at least 7 miles away. I'm telling you, you get into the American hinterland and it's hard to get around without being able to drive.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter