Tuesday, August 21, 2007

 

Halfway out of the country....




I'm in Illinois, landed late in St. Louis, for Reasons of State! Seriously it's true, President Bush was in Minneapolis because of the horrible bridge collapse three weeks ago, this collapse wasn't his fault, it's decades of neglect, not all of it Republican neglect. Anyway first the plane couldn't leave Boise, then, once in Minneapolis, the next flight and all others couldn't leave until President Bush did. The pilot, (airline shall remain nameless, as will pilot! :) gotta keep them outa trouble!) said, and I quote, 'Well this time it's not ***** airline's fault****** We can't leave until the illustrious president gets his fanny off the ground' I think he really wanted to say 'get's his @$& off the ground' I was pushed around in Salt Lake by a really gorgeous Siberian guy from someplace near Lake Baikal, and bought a strange fish taco from an Uzbek guy. I HIGHLY recomend the hereldic device method of baggage ID, it sure worked for me, both in having others retrieve my bags, and in; retrieving my own baggage! I'm not kidding, this is a great Medieval solution to a really annoying modern problem. Talked to my son, did not know he and his girlfriend nearly died due to an encounter with a deer on the freeway! My son avoided the deer which was down, by swerving, landing instead in a lot of horrible farm sludge, which made both him and his girlfriend sick. I am going to go ahead and take a couple more day's here if I can in this room. Not wonderful, it would make 'Monk' go 'wipe', but it's close by, ground floor, and not exhorbitant.
We hope to do some touristy things for fun together. I am wasted, and too overstimulated to sleep just yet.
The other thing is that I feel sorry for the TS.A. folks, and am amazed they do such a good job of keeping their cool. It gets pretty chaotic. I think it helped me that I gave every sign of cooperating, and thanked them, and made sure to ask NICELY if I could put my shoes back on and stuff. I am not so uptight about bare feet as some folks are, it probably helps. Did have to be searched once, which was wierd, I thought I"d done an above average job of removing metal in all it's lovely forms from my immediate person. Turns out my duct-tape and foil anti-RFID wallet I made sets off all the crazy machines! So now I know what to do in future.
There are as some of my readers already know, a LOT of Bosnians in St. Louis, got to use the language with some lovely young ladies who had landed, we were mutually kvetching about luggage. Mine turned out to be on another carosel, and again, what ever angel gave me the bright idea to paint the hereldic devices on it, it worked well!
I actually found my bags pretty fast this time. Hauled them to the cab area, a guy who was African hauled me to an area only a mile from where my son and his girlfriend live, so it worked out pretty well all around.
Time to brush the junk food off my teeth, and catch some sleep. laku noc folks.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter