Saturday, July 21, 2007

 

Stuff that is keeping me up nights....

Spanish scientist finds new bee parasite from China

http://www.planetark.com/dailynewsstory.cfm/newsid/43163/story.htm

I am running down another story, brb

One view of the executive order

http://www.tpmmuckraker.com/archives/003726.php

the executive order itself:

Executive Order: Blocking Property of Certain Persons Who Threaten Stabilization Efforts in Iraq

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/07/20070717-3.html

O.K. here it is, I heard something alarming on the George Noory show last night, I think this is the Executive Order refered to by George Noory and by a caller. I am not a big fan of President Bush, but I think just maybe there was an over reaction on the part of both George Noory and the listener who called to confirm the story. It's an easy over-reaction, but my reading of this masterpiece of legalistic gobbledy-gook is that this is less menacing to the American public than George Noory thought, or his listener thought.
Basically they thought that the latest Executive Order meant that the bank accounts of anyone who protested the war too much could be frozen. This Executive Order is pretty specific in referring to matierial assistance to extremist groups in Iraq, and doesn't specify protests of the war by American people. I could be wrong, but it doesn't look as menacing as all that to the people here who honestly oppose the war and exercise their First Amendment rights. I admit to having been very distressed by this story that was on George Noory's show last night, because the last such story on his program proved to be totally accurate, and it was distressing. I had no time to check into it as there was a 'back-up offer' on the house, and then I left to go to the monthly protest of the war that we have here.
The 'back up offer' on the house is good news, even if it's for a bit less than the initial offer, it's a cash offer, and I would not need to pay closing costs, as well the other offer may not go through, I was worried that I didn't hear from my agent. He is on vacation it turns out. His assistant however came to my home, and let me know the financing might not go through for the first people, so I decided that it made sense to take the 'back-up offer'. I should know something Monday. So if the first offer goes through after all, I'm o.k. and if it doesn't go through, the 'back-up offer' will go through. It means I'll be out of here in two weeks
Then I can be on my merry way. I will know more on Monday, I made sure to let my agent's assistant know that I have been fairly anxious and would like to know what is going on as soon as possible. Meanwhile I guess I go back into pack mode. I have a lot of spices I need to give to someone else, because I can't take them with me, nor can I ship them by way of the luggage forwarding service I plan to use. I am doing my level best to avoid having to check luggage, checked luggage has been a pain before. The less I have to carry the happier I'll be.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter