Monday, July 02, 2007

 

Monday Morning

New High Representative for BiH

http://www.adnki.com/index_2Level_English.php?cat=Politics&loid=8.0.431154074&par=0


The fact the man speaks the language well is a definite plus! I think a poor command of the language by people of responsibility in BiH doesn't help at all. Czech is fairly close. It's funny to read things in Czech and realize just how close.


Killer in BiH prison brags about killings in Sweden

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_News/2007/07/02/prisoner_boasts_about_killings_in_sweden/1342/

He sounds like a nasty customer.

Over at Balkan Baby there was a report on the concert. I did not realize this was on HRT. That probably was not a good idea. I don't have it in for all of Thompson's work, there are some of his songs I like very much, some of his songs are more 'folky' but the Ustaša behavior at the concerts bothers me a lot. It's a past that should not bring Croatians pride.

and something that is rare even in the U.S.:

The First Theatre for the Blind in the Balkans

http://uk.reuters.com/article/featuresNews/idUKL0239456420070702?feedType=RSS

It's been pretty warm here, locally the trolley line celebrated it's 100th anniversary.
I went down to the Farmer's Market on foot, where I bought some local honey and some local garlic. Then I ran into a friend who gave me a lift to the trolley barn. I got some really nice pictures and short film clips of the Trolley Parade.





Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter