Thursday, July 05, 2007

 



Film of the Finale Rack, of yesterday's excellent fireworks display. As it happened I walked down. I used to make that walk in about 45 minutes, but that was then, this is now. It's five miles, I took it slow due to the weather, it got hot early. I left at 9 a.m. took a food and bathroom break at Taco Bell, and arrived at 11:30. By then even taking it slow, drinking lots of ice cold water I had a headache. I laid down under my favorite tree, and rested. Then got coffee and mini donuts to try and make myself feel better. It helped a little bit. I got hosed down by the firemen. That is probably why I did recover from the headache, and feel good enough to enjoy the company of one of my friends, and my daughter and son-in-law and the kids, it really was a nice day. I ended up not taking the bus, but riding back with my friend. My daughter and her family took the bus. It was the first time my grandkids have ridden public transit. At first they were scared, then they liked it.

I could not help thinking of this video as I watched people cavort in the lovely cold water under the rainbows, when the firemen had the water going.



I do speak passable Bosnian, but not Slovenian, so I didn't realize just HOW suggestive this song is! :) Majkl has a rough translation of some of the words posted for his 4th of July post.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter