Saturday, June 09, 2007

 

Yakima Gulag goings on...



When one crosses the street in the Yakima Gulag's downtown, and in many uptown locations there are of course crossing lights, and one pushes a button to get them to work, they make a chirping noise exactly like the crossing lights in Dublin, Ireland, which is kind of cool. What is NOT so cool is they do not give anything like an adequate time to cross. I've been meaning to show what it's like for me. I am in reasonable health and in decent shape, I can move pretty fast still. I don't even want to THINK what this does for older people....
Most drivers do cooperate, but I still think the signal is too fast. You could blink and lose your turn to cross the street, and the time is inadequate for a two lane street, let alone a four lane street.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter