Friday, June 29, 2007

 

Rainy Friday

The Vulture Man

http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/travel/destinations/croatia/article2004886.ece

This was interesting because of course vultures are interesting, I did not know they lived for so long, and I am glad someone is interested in helping these birds.

Roman Ruin in Serbia on World Heritige Site List





Working IX to V

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=11515654

There was much levity on NPR over this story, I have to admit the job descriptions were amusing.

Not Balkans related but important:

Terrorist incident prevented in London

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=11593145

Seems the terrorists are stealing a better class of car.

Yesterday afternoon I was hiding from real-estate agents.No unlike the strange old lady in 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' I am not afraid of real-estate agents, most of them are perfectly nice people, in fact I like the ones I've dealt with and they provide a vital service, it's that they prefer the owner to be absent when they show a property so that the customer can look around without feeling uncomfortable. Two agents had appointments to show the house. I took a recent sewing project and sat in the H.U.B. then went to Angel's place, she made a delicious dinner, chicken wrapped in bacon, with vegetables, cake for dessert. Then on the way home since it rained, saw a lovely rainbow, missed my chance to photograph it however, because my camera was at home, and I didn't get home before it faded. Still a lovely sight. It looked nearly solid, and lasted a good 10 minutes.

I do hope that some one among the nice people who have been traipsing through my house will need a house, will like this house and will make an offer. It's not that I mind living here, but even if my plan were to stay in the States, I would need to sell the place, I don't want to be here for ages dealing with yard work. It's a waste of resources for one person to live here alone. It is RIGHT to sell the house, and it's better to sell it than to rent it out if I live far away.




Comments:
Good for Goran. Lots of problems for vultures in India, where they've been succumbing to agricultural chemicals and poisons in cattle corpses. Aparently the dramatic fall in the population has caused real problems for Parsees.

Very lucky that a very brave policeman whipped out the mobile-phone detonator by hand. These people are utter barbarians - not just planting a pretty devastating bomb which one could just about argue is a (pretty inhumane) political but loading it up with nails, the only purpose of which is to cause shrapnel injuries. That's what the rucksack bombers on the Underground did as well. Sick and psychopathic.
 
I am glad that that nasty pair of bombs was found before they could go off. I have been to London, and really like the city and it's people. Psychopathic is a good description of the attitude of the would-be bombers.

On pesticides, I think that bit by bit they will need to be banned altogether if we humans are to survive on this planet.
 
Another pair drove a car into Glasgow Airport terminal entrance and now apparently they've found a possible bomb at the hospital where one of the drivers was taken. He was on fire but trying to attack the policeman who was trying to douse him. Warning this evening that we're supposed to expect more. Some of this we have dear friends Milosevic and K and M to thank for. Bosnia was a significant radicalising factor among some of what are now the older jihadists.
 
The interesting thing about this radicalization is that it seems to have radicalized Muslims from outside BiH way more than it radicalized the Bosnian Muslims.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter