Monday, June 04, 2007

 

Frayed


Frayed
Originally uploaded by Yakima_gulag
This is a line conditioner, something you have to have if you have D.S.L. and would like to use your phone. I find line conditioners to be one of those really annoyingly badly designed items. 1. they add clunkieness to the design of the phone, 2. they FRAY VERY EASILY! which causes the individual phone to go 'dead' intermittantly, until you notice the copper wires which if you are very near-sighted may take awhile.
Anyway it caused me some annoyance, and designing it so it isn't so delicate would be nice. Come to think of it, I really HATE phone jacks too, overly delicate pieces of crap. Building things to be overly delicate is wasteful of resources. I wish they'd design stuff better in the first damn place. So now I need a new line conditioner.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter