Monday, April 16, 2007

 
Today is Holocaust Day, and normally this is marked in most of the Balkans countries.

Genocide remains an issue in our world despite the words 'Never Again!' Instead as one person has said, 'It's more like 'Again and again!'

In the U.S. at Virginia Tech, there has been a serious school shooting, a guy killed 21 and wounded something like 21 people. There are a lot of rumors, I won't go over all the rumors, I'll only mention one of them. The shooter was killed too. So probably his real reasons will never be known. One rumor is he was looking for an estranged girlfriend. I don't know if this is so.
I'm disgusted when people do things like this.

Bosnia Jails Serb for Rape as a War Crime

http://www.playfuls.com/news_10_24566-Bosnia-Jails-Serb-For-Rape-As-War-Crime.html

I'm not happy with the mitigating circumstances part of this case. I think there needs to be some education on the nature of rape as distinct from other assaults on human dignity. I wonder if the decision would have been the same if the case had say involved two males?


Macedonia leader 'watched attack'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6558617.stm

Two Bosnian Muslim War Crimes Suspects Arrested

http://www.nasdaq.com/aspxcontent/NewsStory.aspx?cpath=20070416\ACQDJON200704160951DOWJONESDJONLINE000340.htm&selected=9999&selecteddisplaysymbol=9999&StoryTargetFrame=_top&mkt=WORLD&chk=unchecked&lang=&link=&headlinereturnpage=http://www.international.na

On a personal note, I've decided my current luggage is mostly not up for the journey, in repacking the big suitcase I realized that it had places the stitching was coming out, and there's a broken zipper on one bag, despite it's not having been over packed, and the other one the zipper is merely wonky, which could impede inspections, so I decided that the time has come to get decent new bags. I think it would be intelligent since my stuff is going to take a long trip, and I don't want things like broken luggage to be a problem. That's no fun! :) Oh it might be hilarious in the movies, but not in real life.
Anyway, dear readers have a lovely day, or night as the case may be.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter