Monday, April 09, 2007

 

Credit where credit is due!

I believe in giving credit where credit is due. Here is a moment when despite other discontents with the current Administration, I must give it some credit for doing the right thing...

Meshket Turks Coming to America

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2006/04/30/INGCCIFURE1.DTL

Here b.t.w. is the film, about midway through is where the incident involving the Meshket Turks and the Cossacks is about in the middle of the film.

The Death of a Nation

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9106762987895287402&pr=goog-sl

I think a lot of the hostility in Russia toward various groups which happen to be Muslim is again from the long wholesale desertion of Christian ideals, it's a form of guilt based racism, and it's not an attractive national trait. It makes me feel shame as a person of partly Russian heritage to see that situation.
I feel bad to see a nation my ancestors build from NOTHING be torn apart from inside, to be worse off, financially, spiritually and morally than under either Communism or the Czars, and to resort to disgusting forms of oppression without the excuse of outside invaders.
I have to say that many things I saw were worse than anything I encountered in BiH, or even in Mexico.
I feel sad that Russia can't even fake it any more, what it took to make a Potemkin Village, the knowlege of what a great nation ought to be is gone.

While I'm busy giving credit where it is due, I was glad that Putin put the noxious oligarch that tried to destroy the whole village, that sic'ed the anti terrorist squad on old people and children, and who hypocritically built a beautiful church as if that is Christianity, I was grateful that Putin knocked the stuffings out of that bastard. I am not a fan of his, I have made my share of jokes about 'beware of the sushi!' but I have to give credit where it is due, even if it was done the wrong way, some of it was for the right reasons.
Now if we could talk him into finding more tasteful body guards than those disgusting Cossacks, or just DO something about thenm... but I think that's too much to expect.

Now the author of this article would do well to get rid of his 'BE GRATEFUL DAMN YOU!' tone. It's not helpful to anything he has to say.
I think it's good that our country is taking these people in, I hope they will prosper and will add to our country.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter