Sunday, March 11, 2007

 

Well all those who predicted a mini Y2K were WRONG!

My computer adjusted itself just fine! I do know how to manually adjust obviously, and people were advised to, but I found that the correct time was already on there. So good job whoever! I love the fear mongers, their many colorful predictions of disaster and all. Why don't they go lie down and take a nap?

The only bad thing so far about an early daylight savings time is adjusting to being awake this early and actually needing to go anywhere. Since I don't, it's not a problem for me. It would be if I had to go anyplace. I'm sure it is for those who like me adjust badly to the semi-yearly time change.

today isn't a busy news day yet. My tooth isn't as it should be, but I feel better than I did yesterday, and read of a new herbal treatment I am going to try out today. I put my chive plants and my garlic plants outside to enjoy the sunshine. Probably should eat the garlic plants soon, there's little flies in them. I HATE when that happens. I'm hopeing the wind will blow them away. It's warm, there's blue sky but also increadable dark clouds and a stiff breeze. I am amazed to see how lovely it looks.

Today's news so far:
In Croatian, from Slobodna Dalmacija



We will build a mosque in Split

http://www.slobodnadalmacija.hr/20070311/SPLIT01.asp

I'll come back and update later if necessary.

One thing this little enterprise has taught me is how much news repeats itself, not just over weeks, but months and years.

Yesterday going through stuff, I found an old box of Middle East news clippings my late mother had.
It's wierd how little has actually changed. It's like some kind of evil soap opera.

Not even THAT much later, I'm back, you gotta see this, it was on Boing-Boing...
Blackwater

http://www.boingboing.net/2007/03/11/blackwater_superbly_.html

I don't know how I missed this, probably cuz that day I didn't look at Boing-Boing. Reading something Owen said in comments over at Shaina's place made me realize I needed to check this out....

Jasmina Tešanović: Carnival of Ruritania

http://www.boingboing.net/2007/02/21/jasmina_teanoviae_ca.html





Comments:
Well, here,there's been a long standing shortage of dental care. I've known people who did have insurance to have a hard time getting dental care. During the toothache itself, all they really can do is prescribe pain killers, most of which are the new fake opiates, which are far more addictive than REAL opiates.
I got through this with 2 500 mg Tylenols, an OTC drug, and one oxycontin left over from my last time to have dental surgery. I started off with slivo, when it's bad enough that slivo doesn't work that's bad!
Now I'm just having arthritis and feeling a bit feverish.
It's really unseasonably warm this morning. The heat hasn't kicked on by itself and I haven't needed to turn it on either, if the clouds lift I'm airing the house out.
We've gone from 'Global Warming My @&$! to 'yeah Global Warming might be real after all' in a matter of a couple days here.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter